12th March 2020
As you may have heard the Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has today announced that all schools, colleges and creches are to close today, in an effort to reduce social contacts and slow down the spread of Covid19 (Coronavirus).
Presentation Community College, Terenure, will close this evening until Monday 30th March. If this situation changes we will notify through text or online.
We have ensured that all students have the knowledge as to how to log in to Google Classroom and so be in contact with teachers on-line. Homework will be uploaded by teachers on-line so that students can continue with their learning.
The attached sheet has the information regarding Google Classroom and all information can be found on our website.
We expect that students will work individually at home on the work that is set by their teachers. You have a role to play in this also.
Please check our web-site www.presentationcollege.ie to be kept informed of any further information, follow us also on Twitter @Pres_Terenure and Instagram @presentationccterenure
We have also emphasised to students their responsibility to maintain high standards of hygiene in order to help the country to control the current spread of CV19.
SPECIAL ASSEMBLY NOTICE TO STUDENTS
MARCH 12th 1pm
Assembly Thursday 12th March 2020
- Due to the Coronavirus the government has decided to close all schools, colleges and creches until Monday 30th
- School will finish at 3pm today to allow teachers to make final arrangements regarding their Google Classrooms.
- All students will be issued a letter to take home before then and this letter will be on the website.
- Students should take books home with them today – especially 3rd and 6th
- Teachers will be communicating with students through the Google classroom facility.
- The letter we give you will have information on how to contact us if you are having issues with Google classroom.
- You have 2 responsibilities over the next few weeks:
- To make sure you use Google classroom in order to continue with your learning.
- To make sure you are following the basic guidelines of hygiene which we have outlined already:
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow
- Limit physical interaction with your friends
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly
- Do not touch your mouth, eyes or nose
- Stay away from gatherings indoor of 100 people or more and outdoors of 500 people or more
- School carries on as normal for the rest of today until you finish so please respect where you are. Some people may be excited at the prospect of time off school but think of the bigger picture of the seriousness of this virus should someone vulnerable in your home contract it.